Poetry London writes:
Announcing the official start of the Poetry London 2010 season!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th, 7:30 pm!
Please join us for poetry readings by
- Eve Joseph (2010 winner of the P.K. Page Founders’ Award for Poetry and nominated for the Dorothy Livesay Award)
- Lorri Neilsen Glenn (Poet Laureate of Halifax, 2005-2009 and recent winner of the Malahat Review’s Open Season Award for poetry)
- Date: Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010
- Time: 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Location: Landon Branch Library, 167 Wortley Rd., lower level
- All welcome, free admission
- Book sale to follow
- Prior to the reading, Michelle Doege will be facilitating a writing workshop at 6:30pm. No registration required.
Eve Joseph grew up in North Vancouver. She is the author of two books of poetry: The Startled Heart (Oolichan Press, 2004), nominated for the Dorothy Livesay Award, and The Secret Signature of Things (Brick Books, 2010). Her awards include second place in the Great Blue Heron Contest in 2007 & 2009, and the P.K. Page Founder’s Award in 2010 for the best poem of the year in the Malahat Review. Her creative non-fiction was shortlisted for the 2009 CBC Literary Awards.
LORRI NEILSEN GLENN
Lorri Neilsen Glenn has published four collections of poetry, most recently, Lost Gospels (Brick Books, 2010). She was Poet Laureate for Halifax from 2005-2009, where she lives, and returns often to the Prairies, where she was born. She recently won The Malahat Review’s Open Season Award for poetry, and as an award-winning ethnographer and essayist, is the author and editor of six books on research and literacy, an anthology about mothers, and a forthcoming collection of essays on loss.