Every October, the Friends of London Public Library conduct the giant book sale at the Western Fair Special Events Building. This is the sale of the year for many people in London and beyond.
- Friday, Oct. 22, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 23, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 24, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Special Events Building, Western Fairgrounds
A combination of surplus materials from the London Public Library and donations from the public means the Friends have lots of books, videos, CDs, cassettes, books on tape and magazines at bargain prices.
- Hardcover and oversize paperback – $2 each or six for $10
- Paperbacks – $1 each or six for $5
- Children’s materials – $0.50 each
- VHS, CD, books on tape – $1 each
- Magazines – $0.25 each
- Special books, sets – individually priced
- Sunday only – Fill a standard sized grocery bag for $3 – they’ll supply the bag too!
If you have materials to donate, please take them to your local branch library and indicate that they are for the Friends’ book sale or, if you have several boxes, contact the Friends using their voice mail at 519-661-2448 or by email at email@example.com to arrange for pickup. Please review the materials donation guidelines if you are interested in the kinds of materials they’re looking for.