During our February monthly meeting, back at our usual venue at Landon Library, we’ll hear from London playwright Lynda Martens. Among her many plays, Naked in the Kitchen was first produced at the London One Act Festival, then developed into a full-length play, which was published in October 2010 by Scirocco Drama. Just to give you an idea of how busy Lynda is, here’s some of her 2010.
- January, a scene of Poison debuts in The Grand Theatre’s Playwright’s Cabaret in London. Deciding to Collide receives a nomination for a Brickenden award for Outstanding Original Script.
- February, Just For You is produced by The Village Playhouse in Bloor West Village, Toronto.
- March, Scirocco Drama puts Naked in the Kitchen on the list of plays to be published in 2010.
- April, Necrosexology short is accepted into Flushink’s Asphault Jungle Shorts. One-act version of Poison debuts and Shirley Barr pegs Best Actress in the London One-Act Festival.
- June, a commissioned musical comedy, Oh Dear! The Musical, is produced at the Dearness Home in London.
- October, Naked is published.
- November, Toronto launch of Naked.
- December, London launch of Naked.
Our monthly meeting’s the third Thursday of each month, which in this case is Feb. 17, at 7 p.m. at Landon Library, 167 Wortley Road, London, Ontario N6C 3P6, phone 519-439-6240. (Get map and directions.)